Thursday, February 28, 2013


Vassili: On the train... coming here... we were in the same car.
Tania: No...
Vassili: I saw you. You were reading and you fell asleep. Oh, I didn't dare look at you, you were so beautiful. It was scary. Afterwards, I couldn't stop thinking about you. It made me smile. And then I thought of all the men who would get to hold you, who would make you laugh... how lucky they were. And now I'm the one lying next to you.
Share this quote

Nikita Khrushchev: Write it then - "Vasilli Zaitsev is *not* dead. This is what he had for breakfast this morning, here's a picture of him reading today's newspaper." You're the poet.
Share this quote

Major König: Once again, he knew exactly where to find me. Don't you think that's strange? Apart from me, only you knew.
Share this quote

Vasilli: In the forest, the wolf lives for three years and the donkey for nine.
Tania: That must be a proverb from the Urals, it makes no sense to me.
Vasilli: The donkey lives longer because he's more useful.
Tania: There aren't any donkeys in the forest, you made it up.
Share this quote

Vassili: Sad to have a dream you know won't happen.
Share this quote

Koulikov: Nobody gives a shit about the telephone guys.
Share this quote

Vassili: All these men here know they're going to die. So, each night when they make it back, it's a bonus. So, every cup of tea, every cigarette is like a little celebration. You just have to accept that.
Share this quote

No comments: