Thursday, February 28, 2013


Forrest Gump: Lieutenant Dan was always getting these funny feelings about a rock or a trail or the road, so he'd tell us to get down, shut up.
Lieutenant Daniel Taylor: Get down! Shut up!
Forrest Gump: So we did.
Share this quote

[Forrest Gump listing some of his comrades]
Forrest Gump: There was Dallas, from Phoenix; Cleveland - he was from Detroit; and Tex... well, I don't remember where Tex come from.
Share this quote

[when the bullies from school were chasing him]
Jenny Curran: Run, Forrest! Run!
Share this quote

[Forrest is waiting with Forrest Jr. for the school bus on little Forrest's first day of school in Greenbow. The bus arrives and little Forrest is about to board it]
Forrest Gump: Forrest, don't...
[pause, then]
Forrest Gump: I just wanted to tell you I love you.
Forrest Gump Jr.: [smiles] I love you too, Dad.
Share this quote

Jenny Curran: Why are you so good to me?
Forrest Gump: You're my girl!
Jenny Curran: [pause] I'll always be your girl.
Share this quote

Forrest Gump: [to Jenny] They're sendin' me to Vietnam...
[Jenny is despondent]
Forrest Gump: ...It's this whole 'nuther country.
Share this quote

No comments: