Thursday, March 21, 2013


Treebeard: Many of these trees were my friends. Creatures I had known from nut or acorn.
Pippin: I'm sorry, Treebeard.
Treebeard: They had voices of their own. Saruman! A wizard should know better!
Share this quote

Theoden: Gandalf.
Gandalf: Breathe the free air again, my friend.
Theoden: [stands up from the throne] Dark have been my dreams of late.
[looks at his hands]
Gandalf: Your fingers would remember their old strength better... if they grasped your sword.
Share this quote

Theoden: I know your face, Eowyn.
Share this quote

[from extended version]
Sam: Can you see the bottom?
Frodo: No. Don't look down, Sam, just keep going!
Sam: [drops a small box] Ouagh! Catch It! Grab it, Mr. Frodo!
[Frodo catches it, loses his grip and then lands on the ground]
Frodo: I think I found the bottom.
Sam: It's not natural. None of it.
Frodo: What's in this?
Sam: Nothin'. Just a bit of seasoning. I thought maybe if we was havin' a roast chicken one night or something...
Frodo: Roast chicken?
Sam: You never know.
Share this quote

Man Flesh Uruk: What is it? What do you smell?
Mauhur: Man flesh. They've picked up our trail.
Share this quote

Gimli: [out of breath] I'm wasted on cross-country! We Dwarves are natural sprinters, very dangerous over short distances.
Share this quote

Eowyn: Leave me alone, snake!
Wormtongue: Oh, but you are alone. Who knows what you have spoken to the darkness, alone, in the bitter watches of the night, when all your life seems to shrink, the walls of your bower closing in about you, a hutch to trammel some wild thing in? So fair, yet so cold like a morning of pale Spring still clinging to Winter's chill.
Eowyn: Your words are poison!
Share this quote

H.ma: I cannot allow you before Theoden King so armed, Gandalf Greyhame... by order of Grima Wormtongue.
[Gandalf nods, and they hand over their weapons]
H.ma: Your staff.
Gandalf: Oh... you would not part an old man from his walking stick?
[Hama lets them through; Gandalf winks at Aragorn]
Share this quote

Eomer: Look for your friends, but do not trust to hope. It has forsaken these lands.
Share this quote

Pippin: [of Treebeard] Don't talk to it, Merry. Don't encourage it.
Share this quote

No comments: