Sunday, March 17, 2013


Sam: There are dead things! Dead faces in the water.
Gollum: All dead... all rotten. Elves and men and orcses. A great battle, long ago. The Dead Marshes... yes, that is their name.
Share this quote

Gollum: So bright... so beautiful... ah, Precious.
Frodo: What did you say?
Gollum: Master should be resting, Master needs to keep up his strength.
Frodo: [standing up] Who are you?
Gollum: Mustn't ask us, not it's business. Gollum, gollum.
Frodo: Gandalf told me you were one of the River-folk.
Gollum: Cold be heart and hand and bone. Cold be travelers far from home.
Frodo: [next to Gollum] He said your life was a sad story.
Gollum: They do not see what lies ahead, when Sun has faded and Moon is dead.
Frodo: [in front of Gollum] You were not so very different from a Hobbit once, were you?
[Gollum looks up at him]
Frodo: Smeagol.
Gollum: What did you call me?
Frodo: That was your name once, wasn't it?
Gollum: My name? My name... Smeagol.
Share this quote

Gollum: He wants the precious. Always he is looking for it. And the precious is wanting to go back to him... But we mustn't let him have it.
Share this quote

Gandalf: All our hopes now lie with two little hobbits, somewhere in the wilderness.
Share this quote

Sam: Hey, Stinker! Don't go getting too far ahead.
Frodo: Why do you do that?
Sam: What?
Frodo: Call him names, run him down all the time.
Sam: Because... because that's what he is, Mr. Frodo. There's naught left in him but lies and deceit. It's the ring he wants; it's all he cares about.
Frodo: You have no idea what it did to him... what it's still doing to him. I want to help him, Sam.
Sam: Why?
Frodo: Because I have to believe he can come back.
Sam: You can't save him, Mr. Frodo.
Frodo: [snaps] What do you know about it? Nothing!... I'm sorry, Sam. I don't know why I said that.
Sam: I do. It's the ring. You can't take your eyes off it; I've seen you. You're not eating. You barely sleep. It's taken ahold of you, Mr. Frodo. You have to fight it.
Frodo: I know what I have to do, Sam. The ring was entrusted to *me*. It's my task, mine, my own!
[storms off]
Sam: Can't you hear yourself? Don't you know who you sound like?
Share this quote

[following Gollum down the path]
Sam: I wonder if we'll ever be put into songs or tales.
Frodo: [turns around] What?
Sam: I wonder if people will ever say, 'Let's hear about Frodo and the Ring.' And they'll say 'Yes, that's one of my favorite stories. Frodo was really courageous, wasn't he, Dad?' 'Yes, my boy, the most famousest of hobbits. And that's saying a lot.'
Frodo: [continue walking] You've left out one of the chief characters - Samwise the Brave. I want to hear more about Sam.
[stops and turns to Sam]
Frodo: Frodo wouldn't have got far without Sam.
Sam: Now Mr. Frodo, you shouldn't make fun; I was being serious.
Frodo: So was I.
[they continue to walk]
Sam: Samwise the Brave...
Share this quote

Aragorn: Farmers, ferriers, stable boys. These are no soldiers.
Gimli: Most have seen too many winters.
Legolas: Or too few.
Share this quote

No comments: