Friday, February 25, 2011

[from extended version] Pippin: [to himself] What were you thinking, Peregrin Took? What service could a hobbit offer such a great lord of men? Fara

[from extended version]
Pippin: [to himself] What were you thinking, Peregrin Took? What service could a hobbit offer such a great lord of men?
Faramir: [approaching] It was well done. Generous deeds should not be checked by cold council. You are to join the tower guard?
Pippin: I didn't think they would find any livery that would fit me.
Faramir: It once belonged to a boy of the citadel. A very foolish one; who spent many hours slaying dragons instead of attending to his studies.
Pippin: This was yours?
Faramir: Yes, it was mine. My father had it made for me.
Pippin: Well, I'm taller than you were then. Though I'm not likely to grow anymore... except sideways.
[they laugh]
Faramir: Never fitted me either. Boromir was always the soldier. They were so alike, he and my father. Proud... stubborn even. But strong.
Pippin: I think you have strength, of a different kind. And one day your father will see it.
Share this quote

No comments: